Saturday, August 3, 2013

Top Fives

For those of you who haven't heard, I spent a lot of time in the car this weekend driving up to Bloomer, Wisconsin to get my new puppy, Brooks. From St Louis, Missouri to Necedah, Wisconsin (pronounced Neh-seed-dah... thanks Siri) to Bloomer, Wisconsin, to Columbia, Missouri, I drove over a thousand miles and passed through five states in less that 48 hours... talk about too much time in the car.  Thankfully I had my iPod to keep the music flowing or else I might have gone stir-crazy.



But there's something funny about road trips. Without fail, after about a hundred miles, I'm convinced I can sing as well as Beyonce and Katy Perry. With the music as loud as it will go, I sing at the top of my lungs and let me tell you, I am awesome. If you do the math, I spent at least 900 miles screaming/singing the lyrics of all kinds of music, convinced I was destine to be the next Brittany or Christina. Unfortunately I don't think Brooks was as impressed but he has a long time for my singing to grow on him. 

While I was driving I realized that my music tastes are pretty diverse so I've decided to share some of my top fives with y'all and give you a glimpse of what a road trip with Hannah is like...

Top Fives:

The Power Ballads: These are your Beyonce, Adele, hit high notes that only dogs can hear, soulful songs that make for the best (or worst?) singing.... Make sure you pay attention to the cars next to you because if you get too into it, lots of people start to stare as they drive by.
  • Countdown - Beyonce
  • Turning Tables - Adele
  • Defying Gravity - The Cast of Wicked
  • Skyscraper - Demi Lovato
  • When I Look at You - Miley Cyrus
The Down-Home Country Music: What's a drive through the flyover states without some twangy country music to listen to? These are my personal favorites; the list originally had like thirteen songs on it but I tried to get it down to just five!
  • Anywhere with You - Jake Owen
  • Highway Don't Care - Tim McGraw ft. Taylor Swift
  • Running out of Moonlight - Randy Houser
  • Fearless - Miss Taylor Swift
  • Boys Round Here- Blake Shelton
The Dance Songs: These are the songs you'll most likely end up creating a choreographed dance to... Just as long as you keep a hand on the wheel and an eye on the road!
  • Holy Grail - Jay Z
  • Come and Get It - Selena Gomez
  • Get Lucky - Daft Punk ft Pherrell Williams
  • She Wolf (Falling to Pieces) - David Guetta ft. Sia
  • Take a Walk - Passion Pit
and finally....

The Slow Jams: These are the rainy day, lost your interest in driving, look out the window and pretend you're in a dramatic music video, songs that are bound to either put you to sleep or make you start crying, neither of which are probably good to be doing while driving.... but hey, yolo.
  • Skinny Love - Birdy
  • Your Song - Ellie Golding
  • My Little Girl - Jack Johnson
  • Falling in Love at a Coffee Shop - Landon Pigg
  • Slow Dancing in a Burning Room - John Mayer
So there's twenty songs to spice up your next drive! I hope y'all enjoy them!

Until next time,

Hannah Rose

No comments:

Post a Comment